Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Clifton, NJ
Experienced Lawyer Helps Accident Victims with Brain Injuries in Passaic County, Middlesex County, and Union County, NJ
Any kind of brain injury, particularly a traumatic brain injury (TBI), can have a devastating effect on the state and quality of your life. The brain is an extremely complex and sensitive organ and even minor damage to your brain can pose unique health problems that can last for the rest of your life. As a result of the serious nature of any head injury, a traumatic brain injury could lead to mounting medical bills, expensive and lengthy rehabilitation, and lost wages if you are unable to return to work in the same capacity as before the traumatic accident.
You might be confused and worried about how to navigate the difficult legal process in New Jersey. An experienced personal injury trial attorney can help you during this tough time by taking care of the legal matters while you focus on your recovery.
You or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury, or any other type of t, you need and deserve an attorney who has significant experience handling personal injury claims and cases involving neurological injuries. Andrew Calcagno is a tenacious trial lawyer who will fight to get you the compensation you deserve, whether it’s a settlement at the negotiating table or a trial before a jury of your peers. Mr. Calcagno has secured millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for injury victims throughout Union County and Middlesex County, including Cranford, Fanwood, Garwood, New Brunswick, and Edison, as well as NY’s five boroughs.
Common Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries Sustained in Accidents in Roselle, Linden, and Piscataway, NJ
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) occurs anytime a person sustains impact, or forceful contact, to the head and the brain’s normal functions are disrupted. In most instances, the physical damage is caused by an external physical force, such as a slip and fall onto concrete or a violent collision with another car in an auto accident.
Brain injuries are typically classified as either a closed head injury or an open head injury. More specific types of brain injuries include:
- Concussion: The most common type of brain injury is a concussion, which can occur anytime a person sustains a blow to the head.
- Intraventricular hemorrhage: When blood enters the brain’s ventricular system, or fluid-filled areas, the result can be a life-threatening brain hemorrhage.
- Cerebral contusion: Bruising of the brain tissue is likely when swelling occurs in the brain.
- Hypoxic brain injury: If the brain is deprived of sufficient oxygen, the brain cells can die.
- Anoxia: An extreme form of hypoxia, or deprivation of oxygen to the brain, is known as anoxia.
- Diffuse axonal injury: Lesions throughout the brain, often stemming from impact after severe deceleration, can cause coma and a vegetative state.
- Subdural hematoma: A tear in the veins or arteries can result in blood rapidly filling the brain.
Secure Damages for Traumatic Brain Injuries in Woodbridge, Newark, and Across New Jersey
Regardless of the cause of your head trauma, if you have sustained any kind of traumatic brain injury, it is imperative that you get treated by a qualified doctor as soon as possible. A medical expert can possibly prevent irreversible damage, as well as measure the severity of your brain injury.
Symptoms you might be suffering as a result of a traumatic brain injury include impaired cognitive abilities, difficulty maintaining balance, and emotional or behavioral issues. Beyond that, the effects of severe head trauma can be long-lasting. Depending on the circumstances of your traumatic accident, you may incur significant medical bills, severe pain and suffering, extreme home modification expenses and lost wages if you have to miss time from work during the recovery and rehabilitation process. You might also find it difficult to live your life the same way you did prior to the traumatic accident. Some TBIs can alter the way a person thinks, resulting in extreme mood swings and vision and hearing problems. A TBI can even adversely affect other senses like taste and smell, and lead to a decreased quality of life. In the most severe cases, a traumatic brain injury can lead to permanent disability, paralysis, coma and even wrongful death.
If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury, you need an experienced and aggressive attorney who will go the extra mile to win your case. Andrew Calcagno takes traumatic injury cases very seriously; he understands exactly what is at stake for you and your family. Mr. Calcagno will:
- Consult with medical professionals and conduct independent examinations to determine the severity of your brain injury and make sure your head injury is accurately diagnosed
- Consult with life care planners and rehabilitation specialists to ensure you get the best possible treatment and recover your living expenses
- Speak with witnesses, family and friends
- Examine relevant medical records and review all documentation
- Rest assured, Mr. Calcagno will leave no stone unturned as he devises an advanced strategy to secure you the compensation you and your loved ones deserve following your accident.
Free Consultation with Compassionate Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in New Brunswick, NJ
A settlement or verdict won’t necessarily undo all of the damage that has been done to you; however, it will help to ease your suffering and cover the costs of your past and future medical treatment. It will also ensure that the wrongdoer for their actions.
Andrew Calcagno of Calcagno & Associates is a skilled personal injury attorney with the experience needed to win your case. Mr. Calcagno has represented accident victims in courtrooms across New Jersey, including Union, Middlesex, Essex, Hudson, Monmouth, Morris and Somerset counties – winning millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of clients. Mr. Calcagno provides personal attention to every client. You will have 24/7 access to him to discuss your case and go over strategy. You can call Mr. Calcagno anytime or schedule a free consultation at one of his offices in Clifton, Cranford, Westfield, Newark, or Red Bank.
All cases are taken on contingency. There are no upfront costs. If we don’t win, you don’t pay any costs.