Defective Products Lawyer in New Jersey
Experienced Product Liability Attorney Maximizes Compensation for Victims of Defective Products in Union County and Middlesex County, NJ
When a company designs or manufactures a product for mass consumption, it has a legal duty to make sure that the product is safe for use. No one deserves to be injured by a poorly designed, faulty or otherwise substandard product. Unfortunately, some companies are willing to cut corners when it comes to product safety because they are primarily concerned about profits. Economic concerns should never take precedence over the public’s well-being.
If you have been injured as a result of a defective product, a successful product liability lawsuit can help you secure compensation to cover the costs of medical treatment and other expenses related to your injury. The lawsuit can also do a great deal of good by prompting the negligent product designer or manufacturer to drastically change their business practices going forward by investing resources into product safety or possibly even initiating a product recall if a product is deemed unsafe.
Anyone who has been injured by a defective product needs an experienced product liability attorney on their side. Andrew Calcagno is an aggressive and experienced products liability and personal injury lawyer who knows how to win these kinds of cases because he has years of experience fighting for the rights of victims of defective products in Union County and Middlesex County, New Jersey, including Cranford, Watchung, and Westfield.
Most Common Types of Product Liability Cases in Westfield, Old Bridge, and Newark, NJ
Depending on the type of manufacturing or design error, a defective product can cause significant injuries, such as broken bones, muscle strains, lacerations and nerve damage. In the worst cases, defective products can result in catastrophic injuries like spinal cord damage, traumatic brain injuries, permanent disability and even wrongful death.
The general categories of product defects in product liability cases include:
- Manufacturing defects: When a company manufactures a product in a way that departs from the intended design, the resulting defect can cause significant injuries to consumers who use the product.
- Design defects: When a manufacturer ignores evidence that a safer alternative design is available for their product, the manufacturer may be liable for any injuries caused by the product manufactured and distributed for use by the public. One caveat is that the alternative design must be reasonable and economically viable. Even if the company cannot use the alternative design, however, they may be legally required to include a warning label on the product that is manufactured and distributed.
- Inadequate product warnings: Companies must place adequate warning labels on products and/or include instructions for proper use.
The nature of the product defect can have a profound impact on the severity of the injury sustained by the consumer. Some of the most common types of defective product cases include:
- Defective machinery: Machinery that has been improperly designed or manufactured can lead to traumatic injuries and even death, particularly when the machinery is used at construction sites or on factory floors.
- Vehicle defects: Motor vehicle accidents can be caused by driver error, but they can also be caused by unintended acceleration, defective seatbelts, airbag failures or door failures. These kinds of product defects can result in serious injuries to vehicle occupants, other motorists and pedestrians.
- Defective medical devices: Many medical malpractice claims stem from product defects in medical devices used by doctors, nurses and other hospital personnel.
- Dangerous drugs: A pharmaceutical mistake can result in catastrophic injuries, including heart attacks, strokes and seizures.
- Food poisoning: Improper oversight of food manufacturing processes can lead to food poisoning and related illnesses.
Winning a Product Liability Claim in New Jersey
If you have been injured as a result of a product design or manufacturing error, you need an attorney who understands the nuances of product liability law in NJ and who knows how to prove that a defective product was the cause of your injury. Andrew Calcagno is an experienced lawyer who has access to expert witnesses in a wide range of fields. He has won millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for clients injured by faulty products. Moreover, Mr. Calcagno knows how to preserve physical evidence in product liability cases, examine the evidence in order to determine the cause of your injuries, interview key witnesses who support your claim, review medical records to determine damages in your case and contest the other side’s claim that you had a preexisting injury.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Skilled Union Township, NJ Product Liability Attorney
Do not be intimidated by a big company with an army of lawyers. You need an experienced product liability attorney to fight the manufacturer or designer of the defective product that caused your injuries.
Andrew Calcagno is an aggressive and skilled product liability lawyer who is not afraid to challenge the biggest companies in the most difficult cases. He has years of experience handling product liability cases throughout NJ, including Union County, Middlesex County, Essex County, Hudson County, Monmouth County, Morris County, and Somerset County. Call him today to discuss your case or schedule a free consultation at his office in Cranford, New Jersey.