Mass Tort Trial Lawyers
Experienced Attorneys at Calcagno & Associates Successfully Represent Clients in Mass Tort Litigation
If you are seeking compensation for injuries (or even deaths) caused by defective medical devices, dangerous products or defective drugs, you should contact The Law Offices of Calcagno & Associates right away to find out if a mass tort claim is the right approach for your case. A tort is a civil (as opposed to a criminal) wrongdoing committed by a single person which caused an injury to another person. A corporation is considered a legal “person”. Therefore, the person/corporation who caused injury (the defendant) is legally responsible for the pain and suffering that the victim (the plaintiff) experienced as a result of using their defective product. The plaintiff typically sues the defendant to recover damages, like monetary compensation for medical bills or timed missed from work, as a result of their injuries.
Similarly, a mass tort is a single tort that caused injury to many victims, and therefore involves numerous plaintiffs suing one defendant (or several defendants) who acted negligently. In most mass tort cases, each individual plaintiff must be suing based on varying injuries caused by the same defective medical device, dangerous product or defective drug.
The Most Common Dangerous Drug and Medical Products We Cover:
- Abilify: Drugmakers failed to warn U.S. patients that Abilify can cause compulsive gambling and other compulsive behaviors.
- Essure: Makers of Essure allegedly concealed evidence about some of the risks associated with using the device, including perforation of the fallopian tube and neurological damage.
- Fracking: Oil and gas companies are facing lawsuits for causing air pollution, water contamination, and for a 5.8-magnitude earthquake, all due to fracking.
- IVC Filters: Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) filters can cause serious complications when parts of these devices fracture or break off inside the body.
- Mesothelioma: There is a proven connection between asbestos exposure and mesothelioma. Manufacturers of asbestos-containing products kept quiet about the dangers of working with asbestos.
- Stryker Hip: The medical hip implants made by Stryker Orthopedics were intended to help improve patients’ mobility and comfort. However, the components of the implant are inherently dangerous, causing severe pain, impaired kidney function, and painful revision surgery.
- Talcum Powder: Talcum powder has been linked to ovarian and many other types of cancers.
- Xarelto: A new generation of blood thinners used to prevent stroke, Xarelto has been known to cause uncontrollable bleeding and death.
- Zadroga Act: Provides compensation for any 9/11 victim who was present in the “crash site area” between September 11th 2001 and May 30th 2002, and who suffer from diseases or disorders as a result of the September 11th attacks.
- Zofran: Pregnant women who take the anti-nausea drug Zofran may be unknowingly exposing their babies to an increased risk for severe birth defects.
Our attorneys seek justice for clients in these cases by filing mass tort claims. If you believe you have a case that may fall under mass tort litigation, contact Calcagno & Associates for a free consultation. We will help you navigate the nuances of the complicated judicial system in order to determine the best course of action for your situation.
Calcagno & Associates Have Extensive Experience in Mass Tort Litigation
The Law Offices of Calcagno & Associates have successfully represented countless injured parties in individual cases during mass tort litigation. The investigations conducted by our skillful attorneys include compiling resources, information and ideas to ensure that all individuals receive fair settlements for their injuries. Because of the enormous number of claims that are brought forth during a mass tort suit, it can be difficult to determine settlements and compensation, which is why you need an experienced and reputable attorney from The Law Offices of Calcagno & Associates to represent you in your endeavors to assure that you are receiving the fullest amount during your settlement. We have over 30 years of experience with mass tort litigation, making recovering financial compensation from a negligent manufacturer an important accomplishment for our clients who have suffered at the hands of defective products. In this way, the expertise, proficiency, and qualifications of our lawyers make seeking compensation for your pain and suffering as painless as possible. Contact us today to find out more.
Experienced Trial Attorneys Provide Mass Tort Legal Representation That You Can Count on
At the Law Offices of Calcagno & Associates, we prosecute and defend mass torts in the most efficient manner that best suits our valued clients. The efficiency of our firm’s business litigation and tort practice is well-respected, and we have the tenacity required for litigating all aspects of cases from free consultation to trial, as well as the skill and willingness to try those matters that cannot be settled quickly. Our clients can count on Calcagno & Associates to be exceptionally well equipped at handling even the most difficult mass tort cases.
Contact our law firm today to find out more about mass tort litigation, and to receive your free consultation in order to determine if mass tort is the right course of action for your case.