NJ Attorney Andrew J. Calcagno
Andrew John Calcagno is the Founding Member and Senior Trial Attorney of Calcagno & Associates, a premier Personal Injury Trial Law Firm with offices throughout New Jersey and New York. Mr. Calcagno is admitted to practice law in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia.
Over the past 25 years, Mr. Calcagno has achieved numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Many of the cases handled by Mr. Calcagno have been published in The New York Times, New York Daily News, New York Law Journal, Staten Island Advance, The Star Ledger, The Bergen Record, New Jersey Law Journal, New Jersey Verdict Search, and National Verdict Search, as well as broadcast on Channel 4 NBC News, Channel 12 News, CN8 News, and 101.5 FM Radio.
Mr. Calcagno has been named in the Thomson Reuters New Jersey Super Lawyers list in the area of Personal Injury for five (5) consecutive years.
The selection process used by Thomson Reuters for the Super Lawyers list is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations.
Mr. Calcagno is also a Member in Good Standing of the American Trial Lawyers Association (“ATLA”) and has met the Standard of Excellence for Selection to TOP 100 TRIAL LAWYERS. ATLA is the most prestigious and well-respected Personal Injury Trial Lawyer Association in the United States.
Mr. Calcagno concentrates his Law Practice on Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation. Over the past 25 years, Mr. Calcagno has successfully represented clients who were seriously injured in all types of accidents, including car accidents, truck accidents, bus accidents, train accidents, construction accidents, and premises liability cases involving inadequate security. For the past two decades, Mr. Calcagno has helped his clients win millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for their pain and suffering, disability, impairment, and loss of enjoyment of life. Mr. Calcagno takes personal injury very personally. He puts his blood, sweat and tears into every case, representing each and every client with professionalism, enthusiasm, and zeal.
- Undergraduate Degree:
- Bachelor of Arts; St. John’s University
- Graduated summa cum laude, 1987
- 4.0 GPA in Political Science Major (Gold Key)
- 4.0 GPA in History, Minor
- 4.0 GPA in Philosophy, Minor
- Graduated No. 8 in Liberal Arts College
- President, Pre-Law Society
- Head Delegate, Harvard National Model United Nations
- Dean’s List All Four (4) Years
- Graduate – Law Degree:
- Juris Doctor; Hofstra University School of Law
- Graduated top 20% of Class
- Articles and Research Editor, Hofstra Labor Law Journal
- 1988-1989: Law Clerk
Honorable Louis Sangorgio, Supervising Supreme Court Justice
New York Supreme Court, County of Richmond
- 1990-1994: Senior Litigation Associate
Pitney, Hardin, Kipp & Szuch (“PHK&S”)
PHK&S was the second-oldest and largest law firm in New Jersey
Specialized in Commercial Litigation, Products Liability Defense, and Toxic Torts Litigation
Clients included General Electric, Monsanto Chemical Corporation, and AT&T
- Mr. Calcagno published Articles on Inadequate Security Litigation for the American Trial Lawyers Associates
- 1997-present: Managing Partner and Senior Trial Counsel
Calcagno & Associates, New York and New Jersey
- 1988-1989: Law Clerk
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association (“ATLA”)
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey
Special Appointments and Designations:
- Mr. Calcagno has been named to the Super Lawyers list by New Jersey Monthly Magazine in the practice area of Personal Injury (published by Thomson Reuters) for five consecutive years.
- Mr. Calcagno is a Member in Good Standing of the American Trial Lawyers Association (“ATLA”). ATLA is the most prestigious and well-respected Personal Injury Trial Lawyer Association in the United States.
- Mr. Calcagno dedicated countless hours of his time pro bono for the victims of 9/11, recovering millions of dollars for the victims and waiving his legal fees and costs. As a result of his dedication and devotion to the victims of 9/11, Mr. Calcagno is listed as a “hero” in a book published by Trial Lawyers Care (“TLC”).